Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ANGEL



The other day
As I was walking my pet Labrador,
I met Mrs.Ray,
Holding on to leashes not one, but four.
We greeted and smiled,
I couldn’t help but notice, the dogs did lack;
Rocky was blind,
Jenny had a deep burn right across her back.
Minu and May,
One with a deep gash, other, a severed tail.
Here were they,
A bunch of pitiable mutilated mongrel.
Their tails wagged
As she whistled ,calling out each by name.
Ugly and mangled
Yet happily frisking about, ready for a game.
My shock she read
And narrated tales of heinous torment;
Some men well-bred
Poured boiling water on pups as punishment,
They beat them
With sticks, till their legs were a mangled mass;
What a shame!
firecrackers tied on to tails, uncouth and crass.
Thoughtless act,
Executed by none other than a human;
A hard fact,
Torturing casually for the sake of fun.
She rescued them,
Brought them home, nursed them to health,
Though blind and lame,
Her world revolved around her precious wealth.
A few Mrs. Rays
Give us renewed hope for a harmonious world.
They are angels,
Making the devilish works of mankind annulled.
I salute to you all
For your untiring selfless and honorable deed!
I am too small,
My kindness and love confined to my pedigree breed.

No comments: