Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CANDLE IN THE DARK


Curled up inside the womb, incomplete and tiny,
She resisted the push, instinct warning it wasn’t the time;
“Complete bed rest ma’am” she heard the doctor say,
“With a little prayer, the baby I’m sure will be fine”.
Mother lay still as a mouse for the remaining months
Praying fervently to God not to forsake her.
The baby was born healthy, apple of her parent’s eyes,
God said,” Child! What I do I do for better!!”

As a young girl she met with an automobile accident,
Femur crushed, she lay on the hospital bed in severe pain;
Missing school for six months, her future looked bleak,
Bone fixed with a rod, trying to walk on crutches in vain.
With a lot of courage and determination she took each step,
Praying fervently to God not to forsake her,
She hobbled, she walked, she ran, and she danced,
God said,” Child! What I do, I do for better!!”

The dreamy teenager fell in love with the handsome neighbour,
This handsome hero took the silly girl for a ride;
Her tender heart broke and scattered into fragments,
When she discovered her love, her trust had left her side.
Her marriage was fixed, she thought she’d never love again
Praying fervently to God not to forsake her,
She discovered a mine of love in her caring husband,
God said,” Child! What I do, I do for better!!”

She had a couple of miscarriages, and then she failed to conceive,
Receiving best of treatments, undergoing harrowing tests;
Her world filled with colour when she was tested positive,
But it was short lived, as this child too was put to rest.
Her spirit was crushed; she couldn’t look into her husband’s eyes
Praying fervently to God not to forsake her,
She is now a proud mother of two healthy grown ups,
God said,” Child! What I do, I do for better!”

No comments: